(effective as of Aug. 5, 2012)
1. Introduction The Yes We Must Coalition (“Yes We Must” or “we,” “us”) is committed to preserving the privacy of our users. We have designed our website at www.yeswemustcoalition.org so that in general, you can visit us without identifying yourself or revealing any personal information. We will not collect personally identifiable information from you, other than what you supply to us on a voluntary basis. If you choose to provide us with personal information (e.g., to join as a member or sign up for e-mail updates), you can be assured that, except as otherwise stated in this Policy, your personal information will only be used to support your relationship with Yes We Must, that we have taken appropriate steps to protect it, and that Yes We Must will not willfully disclose your personal information to any third party without first receiving your permission.
3. Information we collect and how it is used
The types of information we collect on our website include:
3.1 Personally identifiable information: Yes We Must collects certain personally identifiable information when you register with Yes We Must as a member, make a donation, or subscribe to newsletters or other notices from us. Specifically, we may collect your contact information and other demographic information, such as name, address, email address, phone number, age, occupation, and employer organization.
We use your personally identifiable information for the following types of purposes:
- Sending you information or materials for which you have subscribed or in which we think you may have an interest
- Distributing receipts and thanking donors for donations
- Informing donors about upcoming fundraising and other activities of Yes We Must
- Internal analysis, such as research and analytics
- Record keeping
- Providing to Yes We Must vendors as necessary or incidental to the maintenance and support of our website and in the course of normal business operations;
- Responding to subpoenas, court orders, or legal process, or to establish or exercise Yes We Must’s legal rights or defend against legal claims, or as otherwise required by law
- Responding to surveys, metrics, and other analytical purposes
- Other purposes related to the fundraising operations
Unless otherwise stated, we do not publish, sell, trade, or rent donor information. Comments that are provided by you may be publicly published and may be used in promotional materials. We may use available information to supplement the personal information to improve the information we use to drive our fundraising efforts.
4. No Sharing of Personal Information Yes We Must will not sell, rent, or lease your personal information to advertisers. We will not intentionally provide your personal information to any third party except: (i) when we have your permission to share your information, or (ii) when we are required by law to do so or in the event of legal action arising from information posted by you.
5. Security of Your Personal Information Yes We Must is committed to the security of your information. To prevent unauthorized access, maintain data accuracy, and prevent improper use, we have implemented physical, technological, and administrative procedures to safeguard and secure your personal information we collect. Your personal information is stored in a secured database and is always protected by encryption.
7. No Liability for Acts of Third Parties Although Yes We Must will use reasonable efforts to safeguard the confidentiality of users’ personally identifiable information, transmissions made by means of the Internet cannot be made absolutely secure. You agree that Yes We Must will have no liability for disclosure of any such information due to errors in transmission or unauthorized acts of third parties. Yes We Must is not responsible for user information provided to third party sites to which Yes We Must links.